What's Your Star Wars Bounty Hunter Name?
So you want to be revered and feared throughout the galaxy as a Bounty Hunter, eh? Well, the first thing you’re gonna need is a good name!
Daniel Fernandez · 3 months ago
The life of a Bounty Hunter is one filled with cool gadgets, high speed chases, unimaginable riches, and endless adventure throughout the cosmos. It is also filled with danger lurking behind every door, betrayal, tricky situations, and occasionally, running for your life!
If you’re reading this article, it looks like you’ve made up your mind that this is the life for you, so before you head off into the far reaches of the galaxy hunting down criminals and unfavorables, we’re gonna need to help you find your Bounty Hunter name. There’s no time to waste so let’s get to it!
And as always, may the fourth be with you!
#1. “The Tiny Change” Method
Take an existing name or noun (person, place, or thing) and replace a single letter in that word with another.
1. “Jango” is the word “Mango” with the letter J replacing the letter M
2. “Fennec” is the word “Fennel” with the letter L replacing the letter C
3. “Zam” is the word “Jam” with the letter Z replacing the letter Z
4. “Xamp” (we made this one up!) is the word “Camp” with the letter X replacing the letter C
#2. The “Gimme, Gimme More” Method
Take an existing name or noun (person, place, or thing) and add a single letter to that word. For this one, vowels work best!
1. “Boba” is just the name “Bob” + the letter A
2. “Bossk” is just the word “Boss” + the letter K
3. “Greedo” is the word “Greed” + the letter O
4. “Aurra” is the word “Aura” + the letter R
#3. The “Less is More” Method
Take an existing name or noun (person, place, or thing) and remove a single letter in that word.
1. “Din” is the word “Dine” without the letter E
2. “Jango” is the name “Django” without the letter D
3. “Cad” is the word “Card” without the letter R
4. “Pop” (we made this one up!) is the word “Poop” without a single letter O
#4. The “Robots are Taking Over” Method
Note: If you go down this route and choose to live the rest of your life as an android, you can’t eat cookies. Be ready to part with cookies if you choose this life.
#5. The “Anagrams for the Win!” Method
Take an existing name or noun (person, place, or thing) and rearrange all of the letters of that word.
1. “Dengar” is just the word “Danger”
2. “Yalpdrungo” (we made this one and the next one up!) is just the word “Playground”
3. “Malify” is just the word “Family”
Pretty cool, right?! And speaking of rearranging things until they fit:
#6. The “SCRABBLE” Method
Honestly, I really, really, really wanted to add some sort of scientific reasoning as to why this method works but sometimes you’ve just gotta pick some random letters and let the chips fall where they may.
Yes, I did actually take a bunch of scrabble pieces to come up with those.
#7. The “Mix n’ Match” Method
Mix and match different methods for a name no one has ever heard before! Try taking a word, rearranging the letters, and then adding some letters to it! Or take a name and remove a letter, mix them up, and then add some numbers in there.
It’s worth a shot to come up with something cool that no one’s ever heard before, right?
If you still have trouble coming up with the perfect Bounty Hunter name after reading through this list, then might I suggest the good old “asking for some help” method. In fact, I think I know the perfect someone for the job …