Shovel in These Cinnamon Sugar Snowflakes for a Sweet Breakfast Treat
Ever catch a snowflake on your tongue? How about a cinnamon-sugar tortilla snowflake?
Camp Kitchen · 5 months ago
You know how fun it is to cut snowflakes out of coffee filters? Well, this recipe is basically the same idea — except that these snowflakes are edible and delicious! All you have to do is fold a tortilla several times, cut out little shapes, unfold, brush with butter, then sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top, and bake. Talk about the perfect breakfast on a cold morning!
Small heat-safe bowl
Small mixing bowl
1. Preheat oven to 350º F/180º C.
2. Microwave the tortilla for 20 seconds to make it more flexible.
3. Fold the tortilla in half, then fold it in thirds, making sure that it doesn’t tear.
4. Using scissors, start cutting out shapes from the tortilla to make your snowflake. Unfold and reveal your beautiful snowflake!
5. Add butter to a small, heat-safe bowl. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring after each until butter is melted.
6. In another small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
7. On a plate, brush the butter onto both sides of the tortilla snowflake.
8. Transfer the buttered tortilla to a new plate. Using a spoon, sprinkle both sides with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
9. Lift the snowflake off the plate and shake off any excess cinnamon-sugar. Place snowflakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure not to let any overlap, baking in batches, if needed.
10. Bake for 6 minutes, or until snowflakes are just beginning to brown and are crispy. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. The snowflakes will continue to harden as they cool.
Cutting out the shapes in their snowflakes so each one is unique!
Brushing the snowflakes with butter
Topping with cinnamon sugar
Are you more of a Choco Taco or a Screwball?
Erica Silverstein · about 1 hour ago
These tasty, kid-friendly spreads are lookin' like a whole snack.
Erica Silverstein · about 20 hours ago
Turn up the heat on the perfect summertime treat with these mouthwatering s'mores recipes that go way beyond the basics.
Margo Gothelf · 5 days ago
Who says you have to choose between cookies and ice cream? With these delectable frozen treats you get the best of both worlds.
Margo Gothelf · 6 days ago