Honey Cereal Bites Are an Easy and Tasty Treat That Your Kids Will Love to Make AND Eat
It’s a good thing these tasty snacks are so easy to make because once your family starts munching on them, they won’t be able to stop.
Camp Kitchen · 14 days ago
Thanks for checking out our product recommendations! Just a heads-up, Camp may make some money if you shop from any of the external links on this page. Pricing and availability may have changed since this page was published.
These make-ahead bites are the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. On top of being cute and easy to make, they’re super customizable! You can use any cereal you have on hand, and if you can’t have peanut butter in your house, sunflower butter or a similar alternative will work just as well!
1. Add the honey, peanut butter, and salt to a large, heat-safe bowl.
2. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until well combined.
3. Return the bowl to the microwave for another 30 to 45 seconds until it starts to bubble and you can smell the peanut butter.
4. Add the vanilla extract and stir well.
5. Add the Cheerios and stir until the cereal is well coated. (If adding mix-ins to the cereal bites, stir those in now as well!
6. Drop portions onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (or into cupcake liners). Allow them to set. They should harden up enough to pick them up within half an hour, but it takes a few hours for them to be more firm.
Note: Microwaving times vary depending on the microwave. Make sure the honey is boiling, or else it won't set. But also be careful not to burn it. Alternatively, you can bring the mixture to a boil on the stove over medium-low heat and let it simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
If there's anything better than sweet, melty s'mores cooked over a campfire ... this list has it.
Erica Silverstein · 29 minutes ago
Don't wait for your next camping trip to try these tasty recipes — they're just as good in the park, in the backyard, or even in the kitchen!
Erica Silverstein · 2 minutes ago
Store-bought is fine, but making your own lasagna is SO much better.
Camp Kitchen · about 2 hours ago
Who's ready for a cookie world tour? <hands up and waving wildly>
Erica Silverstein · 24 minutes ago