Honey Cereal Bites Are an Easy and Tasty Treat That Your Kids Will Love to Make AND Eat
It’s a good thing these tasty snacks are so easy to make because once your family starts munching on them, they won’t be able to stop.
These make-ahead bites are the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. On top of being cute and easy to make, they’re super customizable! You can use any cereal you have on hand, and if you can’t have peanut butter in your house, sunflower butter or a similar alternative will work just as well!
Microwave-safe mixing bowls
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups Cheerios breakfast cereal
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, crushed
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. Add the honey, peanut butter, and salt to a large, heat-safe bowl.
2. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until well combined.
3. Return the bowl to the microwave for another 30 to 45 seconds until it starts to bubble and you can smell the peanut butter.
4. Add the vanilla extract and stir well.
5. Add the Cheerios and stir until the cereal is well coated. (If adding mix-ins to the cereal bites, stir those in now as well!
6. Drop portions onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (or into cupcake liners). Allow them to set. They should harden up enough to pick them up within half an hour, but it takes a few hours for them to be more firm.
Note: Microwaving times vary depending on the microwave. Make sure the honey is boiling, or else it won't set. But also be careful not to burn it. Alternatively, you can bring the mixture to a boil on the stove over medium-low heat and let it simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Try these recipes as a family for a colossal cupcake, an extra-big pretzel, and an epic pizza slice — all super tasty, and surprisingly easy!
Making an extra-big pretzel to fuel extra-big adventures make seem tricky, but don't worry, it's KNOT as hard as it looks!
Yep, that's a pizza slice the size of a kid's head. Life's dream: ACHIEVED!
Ever looked at a cupcake and thought: "Hm. Looks yummy. But what if it was ENORMOUS?"