Want to Make the Easiest Chicken Teriyaki Ever? All You’ll Need Is an Instant Pot and a Dream
A chicken teriyaki recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make? That’s right up there with winning the lottery and world peace.
If you’re looking for a make-at-home meal that’s faster and tastier than takeout, look no further. This Instant Pot chicken teriyaki is ready in under 30 minutes and only requires a handful of ingredients. Teriyaki is a delicious sweet and salty sauce that’s easily made with a few pantry staples. Serve over rice and dinner is done! We even included a fun craft in the “Kids’ Jobs” section for making your own training chopsticks!
Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 1/2 tsp corn starch
3 cups broccoli
1 cup brown rice
Sesame seeds and sliced scallions to serve
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. In the pressure cooker, add the soy sauce, honey, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine.
3. Add the chicken to the pressure cooker and stir to coat in the sauce.
4. Secure the lid on the pressure cooker, ensuring the vent knob is switched to “SECURE”, “AIRTIGHT”, or “SEALING”.
5. Set the pressure cooker to 5 minutes. Allow the cooker to slow release for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken from the pot using a slotted spoon.
7. Set the cooker to “SAUTE”.
8. Ladle about a ¼ cup of the cooking liquid from the pressure cooker into a small bowl and add the cornstarch, stirring until dissolved.
9. Add the cornstarch slurry back to the pot, stirring to dissolve. The sauce will thicken once it comes to a boil.
10. Turn the heat to the “WARM” setting. Add the chicken back to the pot and stir to coat in the thickened teriyaki sauce.
Try these recipes as a family for a colossal cupcake, an extra-big pretzel, and an epic pizza slice — all super tasty, and surprisingly easy!
Making an extra-big pretzel to fuel extra-big adventures make seem tricky, but don't worry, it's KNOT as hard as it looks!
Yep, that's a pizza slice the size of a kid's head. Life's dream: ACHIEVED!
Ever looked at a cupcake and thought: "Hm. Looks yummy. But what if it was ENORMOUS?"