Make, Freeze, and Eat this Easiest Lasagna Recipe on the Internet
Store-bought is fine, but making your own lasagna is SO much better.
Camp Kitchen · 29 days ago
Thanks for checking out our product recommendations! Just a heads-up, Camp may make some money if you shop from any of the external links on this page. Pricing and availability may have changed since this page was published.
A few hacks make this the easiest lasagna ever! No-boil noodles, store-bought marinara, and a super-easy white sauce are the secrets to this straightforward recipe. Plus, it’ll keep for ages in the freezer, so it’s ready to go whenever you need it. Did we mention that it’s also delicious?
1. Make the shortcut bolognese: In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, occasionally stirring until the onion softens, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour in the marinara, bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
4. To make the white sauce, melt the butter completely in the saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until the flour is hydrated with the butter. Continuously stir for 3 minutes to lightly toast the flour.
5. Slowly add the milk to the pan, constantly stirring to avoid lumps. Simmer for 3 minutes, until thickened—season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
6. Liberally spray each disposable pan with cooking spray. Ladle a spoonful of bolognese on the bottom of each dish. Layer in the lasagna ingredients in the following order until you reach the top: pasta sheets, bolognese, white sauce, mozzarella cheese. Switch the direction of the pasta sheets every layer to give the lasagna more structure.
7. Sprinkle each lasagna with Parmesan cheese.
8. To bake: Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC. Cover lasagna with foil and place it on a baking sheet, just in case it boils over. Bake for 50 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is golden and melted on top. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
9. To freeze: Cover lasagna tightly with plastic wrap. Then cover with foil. Label and date the lasagna, making sure to remind yourself to remove the plastic wrap before baking! When ready to bake, remove from the freezer the night before and defrost in the refrigerator. Remove plastic wrap, and cover again with foil. Bake for 50 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is golden and melted on top. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
A chicken teriyaki recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make? That’s right up there with winning the lottery and world peace.
Camp Kitchen · 2 minutes ago
Whether he's into nachos, brownies, coffee, or pizza, there's a recipe kids can make just for Dad!
Erica Silverstein · 5 minutes ago
Do-NOT pass up a chance to eat a donut!
Margo Gothelf · 7 days ago
Do you want to know what’s better than a cold, refreshing monster smoothie on a hot day? Cold, refreshing monster smoothies whenever you want them!
Camp Kitchen · 7 days ago